Re: Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5

От ries van Twisk
Тема Re: Install question on Mac Leopard Server 10.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 29, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Steve Henry wrote:

> I am just getting started with PostgreSQL.  I've installed
> PostgreSQL 8.3.5-1 on a MacPro server running Leopard Server 105.5
>
> I can connect to the database with PGAdmin on the server, but I
> can't access the database from another Mac on my network.  I get the
> following error message:
>
> I've done the following:
>
>     - checked the postgresql.conf file for listen_addresses, it's set
> to '*'
>
>     - modified the pg_hba.conf file to allow traffice from the network
> in my office.
>
>     - made sure my OS X Server Firewall has a hole for the port to be
> used.
>
> What am I missing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>
> Steve Henry
> San Diego Mac IT

What did you do so far??

1) is PG listening now to all interfaces??
2) Did you modify your pg_hba.conf accordingly already??
3) DO you have a firewall that might block incoming requests on port
5432??

            regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries@vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk