Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"

От Jeremy Wilson
Тема Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Дата
Ответы Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I’m running CentOS 8 on an EC2 instance and attempting to upgrade a 9.5 database to 13 using pg_upgrade.  Both are
runningon the same box and pass initial tests but it fails during the later part of the process.

---

bash-4.4$ /usr/pgsql-13/bin/pg_upgrade --old-bindir /usr/pgsql-9.5/bin --new-bindir /usr/pgsql-13/bin --old-datadir
/var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data--new-datadir /var/lib/pgsql/13/data --old-port=54320 --new-port=5432
--socketdir=/var/run/postgresql/
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions                                   ok
Checking database user is the install user                  ok
Checking database connection settings                       ok
Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
Checking for reg* data types in user tables                 ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
Checking for tables WITH OIDS                               ok
Checking for invalid "sql_identifier" user columns          ok
Checking for invalid "unknown" user columns                 ok
Checking for roles starting with "pg_"                      ok
Creating dump of global objects                             ok
Creating dump of database schemas
                                                            ok

connection to database failed: FATAL:  database "template1" does not exist

could not connect to target postmaster started with the command:
"/usr/pgsql-13/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l "pg_upgrade_server.log" -D "/var/lib/pgsql/13/data" -o "-p 5432 -b -c
synchronous_commit=off-c fsync=off -c full_page_writes=off -c vacuum_defer_cleanup_age=0  -c listen_addresses='' -c
unix_socket_permissions=0700-c unix_socket_directories='/var/run/postgresql'" start
Failure, exiting

---

When I manually run that command it works, although when I attempt to connect to the ‘postgres’ database on it, it
complainsit doesn’t exist.

I can’t use the dump/restore method to upgrade this server as the data in question is fairly massive and in my testing
ittook 45 hours to complete.  Any help appreciated.