Re: problem: Postgresql and Unicode

От Nathalie Boulos
Тема Re: problem: Postgresql and Unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Arthur ,

Thank you very much for your reply.
It was indeed a PHP problem. I just set the default_charset variable in
php.ini to utf-8 and it worked.

But now I'm facing another problem:
How do I convert existing data in an SQL_ASCII database to unicode?

here's my problem:
I have a SQL_ASCII postgres db containing data.
I've updated the pg_database table and set the encoding  to UNICODE for this
database.
I've changed the php.ini charset variable to utf-8.
When i add new rows to the table, I can read and write successfully in
unicode.
But if i want to see the old existing data, i have problems visualizing the
special characters (like french lettres with accents).
So i guess i have to convert the old data.

Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Nat