RE: [GENERAL] Postgres speed

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Postgres speed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This should be on the ADMIN list.  CC'ed THERETO...

> Hello,
> I've wrote a programm which operates with big table.
> The speed is ok after executing vacuum, but in some hours it goes
> down.
> What should I do to improve speed? Should I VACUUM more frequently ?
That depends on how many inserts/deletes you are performing on the
table.  It may be a better idea to redesign the table.  Now, I can't
tell you exactly what to do because you didn't give us a whole lot to
work with.

> Thanx,
You're welcome.
    -DEJ

От: "Gilley, Charles H."
Сообщение: Compiling 6.3.2 under Solaris - pgc.l error
От: "Gilley, Charles H."
Сообщение: 6.3.2 built, installed and running on Solaris 2.5.1.... recap