RE: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: btree: cannot split if start (2) >= maxoff (2)

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: btree: cannot split if start (2) >= maxoff (2)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>   Hi,
>
>   Please, what can I do to solve this "FATAL 1:  btree: cannot split
> if start (2) >= maxoff (2)" error messages ? I use v. 6.3.2 + btree
> patch
> and almost every time I send a "create function" I receive this
> message on pg_proc.
>   pg_proc has 972 tuples and my functions use from 1k to 4k in prosrc
> .
>   I've searched in the archives but all that I found said something
> like "drop & recreate the database" or "restart postgres", but I can't
>
> do this every time.
But, have you done this at all.  It sounds like the index on pg_proc has
gotten corrupted.  If this is the case you have one of two options:
    1. recreate the database, thereby updating the index.
  or
    2. figure out how to recreate the index and just drop it.  A
good place to look to figure that out would be initdb, but I would
recommend trying it out on a production database.  In fact I'd use a
whole different machine.
Well, don't know if this will help or hurt, but here it is.
        -DEJ

От: "Richard Ryan"
Сообщение: Asking info on commercial support for postgreSQL
От: Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Сообщение: RE: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: btree: cannot split if start (2) >= maxoff (2)