Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()
Дата
Re: Improving connection scalability: GetSnapshotData()  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On March 29, 2020 11:24:32 AM PDT, Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> clearly a big win on majority
>of workloads, I think we still need to investigate different workloads
>on different hardware to ensure there is no regression.

Definitely. Which workloads are you thinking of? I can think of those affected facets: snapshot speed, commit speed
withwrites, connection establishment, prepared transaction speed. All in the small and large connection count cases.

I did measurements on all of those but prepared xacts, fwiw. That definitely needs to be measured, due to the locking
changesaround procarrayaddd/remove.

I don't think regressions besides perhaps 2pc are likely - there's nothing really getting more expensive but procarray
add/remove.

Andres

Regards,

Andres