Re: Replicating PostgreSQL DB to lightweight system

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Replicating PostgreSQL DB to lightweight system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On May 3, 2006, at 12:00 AM, David Fetter wrote:

>> Would be glad to hear if there are examples of existing
>> commercial/OSS products to serve the purpose.
>
> If you're not using PostgreSQL for the smaller systems, you might be
> able to rig something up with pg_dump using the --inserts option.  The
> tough part will probably be getting the schema translated into SQLite
> (or whatever system you choose) idiom.

What I'd do is use pg_dump --data-only generating insert statements
and have pre-defined sqlite schema that is compatible with the dump
file.  Then just load the data that way and distribute the new sqlite
file to your clients.

It should be scriptable within a half day or so, if that much.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources
Сообщение: Re: psql is slow and it does not take much resources