RE: Big 7.1 open items

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
RE: Big 7.1 open items  (Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>)
Список pgsql-hackers

I've had an anxiety about the way like Oracle's preallocation.
It had not been easy for me to estimate the extent size in
Oracle.  Maybe it would lose the simplicity of environment
settings which is one of the biggest advantage of PostgreSQL.
It seems that we should also provide not_preallocated DATAFILE
when many_tables_in_a_file storage manager is introduced.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp