Re: ERROR: No such attribute or function 'oid'

От Adam Singer
Тема Re: ERROR: No such attribute or function 'oid'
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It sounds like your using a 7.1 driver against a 7.2 backend. We ran into exactly the same problem and that was the
cause.Certain aspects of the (in our case) JDBC driver (noteably the DatabaseMetaData stuff) obviously referenced 'oid'
fromsome table that no longer exists or has changed with 7.2

Adam

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Toshyro [mailto:toshyro@maddyx.com.br]
Envoyé : vendredi 13 septembre 2002 00:24
À : pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Objet : [ADMIN] ERROR: No such attribute or function 'oid'

hi all

In my server, it's running PostgreSQL 7.1.2. I'm developing a
application in Borland Kylix that's working fine. Two days ago, I've
installed the PostgreSQL 7.2.2 in my laptop and transfer all the
application to it. When the program tried to access locally (7.2.2) it
returned errors messages like "TQuery: There is no attribute "foo" in
TQuery". When I set the application to connect in server, things
happened properly.

After several tests (and re-installs of the db-schema, Kylix, program),
I noticed the line:

ERROR: No such attribute or function 'oid'

in the server.log file. In the web, found many users (in others
applications) that had the same problem when using 7.2.x.

Now I'm using 7.1.2 and the application is working fine...

What's the reason of this problem?

Thanks

Toshyro
--
|    .^.    TOSHYRO  Luiz Fernando Ferreira  | LinuxUser: 226981     |