Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension

От Stefan Schwarzer
Тема Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> I do as indicated in Kyngchaos ReadMe file:
>
>>    export PATH="/usr/local/pgsql-9.1/bin:$PATH"
>>    export USE_PGXS=1
>>    make
>>    sudo make install
>
> I'm beginning to wonder who are Kyngchaos and whether they are competent
> at all.  They obviously didn't test the above advice.  It does not work
> because sudo clears environment variables (at least for me on OS X
> Lion).  You could possibly do this instead:
>
>     sudo make USE_PGXS=1 install
>
> It would still be running without the custom PATH setting, but likely
> you don't need that for the install step.

A thousand thanks!! This seems to work. At least, it copied the files over to /usr/local/pgsql-9.1/share/extension/.
Unfortunately,I can't yet check the integration of the extension into my database, as my database doesn't want to start
up(see my other mail from this morning).

Thanks so much!