Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@unep.org> writes:
> I do as indicated in Kyngchaos ReadMe file:

>     export PATH="/usr/local/pgsql-9.1/bin:$PATH"
>     export USE_PGXS=1
>     make
>     sudo make install

I'm beginning to wonder who are Kyngchaos and whether they are competent
at all.  They obviously didn't test the above advice.  It does not work
because sudo clears environment variables (at least for me on OS X
Lion).  You could possibly do this instead:

    sudo make USE_PGXS=1 install

It would still be running without the custom PATH setting, but likely
you don't need that for the install step.

> Problem is that when I run the install, it shows this:

>     Makefile:19: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
>     Makefile:20: /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory
>     make: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'.  Stop.

> And this, after looking around, seem to indicate that I need to
> configure the Postgres source code.

No, if you got through the "make" part, you have configure info.
It's just failing to propagate to the make install inside sudo.

Сообщение: Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension
Сообщение: Re: How to include Tablefunc as an extension