Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network

От scott ribe
Тема Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Feb 28, 2018, at 12:03 PM, Nagy László Zsolt <gandalf@shopzeus.com> wrote:

> There is a --temp-dir option that suggests that data is written to temporary files first. But that is only a
suggestion.I don't see anything explicit about writting data to temporary files and renaming them once they are
complete.

Seems hard to me to make it more clear:

 -T, --temp-dir=DIR
              This  option  instructs  rsync to use DIR as a scratch directory
              when creating temporary copies of the files transferred  on  the
              receiving  side.   The default behavior is to create each tempo-
              rary file in the same directory as  the  associated  destination
              file.

And:

--delay-updates
              This option puts the temporary file from each updated file  into
              a holding directory until the end of the transfer, at which time
              all the files are renamed into place in rapid succession.   This
              attempts to make the updating of the files a little more atomic.
              By default the files are placed into a directory named  ".~tmp~"
              in  each  file's  destination directory, but if you've specified
              the --partial-dir option, that directory will be  used  instead.
              See  the  comments in the --partial-dir section for a discussion
              of how this ".~tmp~" dir will be excluded from the transfer, and
              what  you  can do if you wnat rsync to cleanup old ".~tmp~" dirs
              that might  be  lying  around.   Conflicts  with  --inplace  and
              --append.

--
Scott Ribe
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottribe/

От: Nagy László Zsolt
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network
От: Nagy László Zsolt
Сообщение: Re: Reliable WAL file shipping over unreliable network