Re: Tool for database design documentation?

От Jeffrey Melloy
Тема Re: Tool for database design documentation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Jul 30, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Jon Christian Ottersen wrote:

We are trying to find a good way to document our database design – what is the rationale behind each table/field, what kind of information is each field supposed to contain, perhaps also something about the linking between the tables etc. Is there anybody who has some experience on this? Is the built in ‘comments’ fields in pgsql the best tool or are there any special tools that would be recommendable?

Druid (http://druid.sourceforge.net) works fairly well.  (Though the interface is abysmal, it does its job).  It makes javadoc-style documentation for tables and columns.

Jeff