Issue with UPDATE statement on v8

От Kenneth Hutchinson
Тема Issue with UPDATE statement on v8
Дата
Re: Issue with UPDATE statement on v8  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah.rajesh@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been sent to the community multiple times.  I am
not able to determine whether my posts have gotten through.  If you have
rec'd this multiple times, please let me know.

We have recently migrated to Postgres 8 (not sure of exactly which
build).  We have noticed that a few functions that were working
previously are no longer behaving as expected.  One function in
particular is giving me a strange result.

The function giving us the problem is much more complicated, but for
simplicity I've included one that is easier to read and results in the
same behavior.

UPDATE t_summary
SET        availability = 7
WHERE  oid = 28245084

When this query is executed (within a function or without) the database
will simply hang.  If the UPDATE is turned into a SELECT, the query
works just fine.  For some reason, the UPDATE is just not working.  This
same function/query works fines in Postgres 7.2.

The schema for the targeted table is shown below.

CREATE TABLE t_summary (    id                              varchar(20) NULL,   availability                 int4 NULL
DEFAULT0,
)

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?  If more information is
needed to determine the problem, please let me know.  I've trimmed down
the function's query and table's schema for this posting.

Thanks in advance!

kh
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary to RealPage and its affiliated companies. If the reader
ofthis message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding
orcopying of this communication is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you have received this
communicationin error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: