Re: Issue with UPDATE statement on v8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issue with UPDATE statement on v8
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Kenneth Hutchinson" <kenneth.hutchinson@mpfyieldstar.com> writes:
> UPDATE t_summary
> SET        availability = 7
> WHERE  oid = 28245084

> When this query is executed (within a function or without) the database
> will simply hang.

Is it really hung, or just taking an awfully long time?  If the backend
is consuming no CPU or I/O then I'd agree it's the former; please look
into the pg_locks view to see if you can find out what it's waiting for.
If it's the latter, maybe you neglected to create an index on OID?

> Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

We'd certainly have heard about it if so.  But you haven't provided
enough info to let anyone reproduce the problem for investigation.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: