Postgres 7.4.3 configuration problem

От Lee Wu
Тема Postgres 7.4.3 configuration problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

When I run configure of PG 7.4.3 on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server
release 2.1AS (Pensacola),

I got:

checking for readline... no

configure: error: readline library not found

If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on
the

failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
directory.

Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

and

configure: error: zlib library not found

If you have zlib already installed, see config.log for details on the

failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
directory.

Use --without-zlib to disable zlib support.

I think we have readline and zlib libraries installed:

bash-2.05$ rpm -qa|grep readline

readline-4.2-2

readline-devel-4.2-2

bash-2.05$ rpm -qa|grep zlib

zlib-1.1.4-8.2.1AS

bash-2.05$ env|grep LD

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib

bash-2.05$ ls -l /usr/lib/*readline*

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       231998 Aug  7  2001
/usr/lib/libreadline.a

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 Aug 11 13:48
/usr/lib/libreadline.so -> libreadline.so.4.2

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           18 Aug 10 08:33
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4 -> libreadline.so.4.2

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       182185 Aug  7  2001
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.2

I know it will work by adding --without option. However, without
readline, I cannot use arrow key

to recall command history.

What else did I miss?

Thanks,