Numbering Rows (SEQUENCE, OID) questions

От Terrence Brannon
Тема Numbering Rows (SEQUENCE, OID) questions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
The Momjian book is excellent (in spite of some of the bonehead
reviews on amazon.com). I just finished the "Numbering Rows"
section and have a few questions. None of these were in the FAQ,
BTW.

1 - are OIDs ever re-used if rows are deleted?

2 - for both SEQUENCE and OID, when might we expect them to
rollover? Ie, what is the largest integer we can use for either
of these?

3 - What does one do once the rollover limit is reached if one
wants to continue to add new row numbers?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: