Re: should this be a trigger or a rule?

От Marc Spitzer
Тема Re: should this be a trigger or a rule?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 09:04:20PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> marc@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer) writes:
> > I have 3 tables: pings, curr_state, ping_log and here is what I want
> > to happen:
> > when I insert a row into pings it checks to see if the ping was
> > sucessful or not.
>
> Anything that's most naturally described as driven by insert (or update
> or delete) of individual rows is best done as a trigger, IMHO.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks,

One last question, I am using Xemacs to auto format the code
for me, I have discovered the sql-postgres but that is only
in the postgres(psql) window not in the where I edit my code
window.  I get this in lisp by using  M-x load-library then ilisp
ams perl,tcl, C take care of them selves.

Thanks again,

marc

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: