Re: Column level triggers

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Column level triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 15, 2008, at 3:21 AM, Laurent Wandrebeck wrote:
> According to the documentation (
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-createtrigger.html
> ), the feaure "SQL allows triggers to fire on updates to specific
> columns (e.g., AFTER UPDATE OF col1, col2)" is missing.
> After a bit of research, I found that this feature was in the TODO
> list ( http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo#Triggers ), and that a
> patch was proposed on 2005/07.
> Is it going to be implemented soon ? It would greatly help, IMHO, for
> load, and simplify the write of plpgsql functions called by before
> triggers.
> Regards, and keep up the good work, that DBMS (mostly;) rocks !

If the patch was submitted back in 2005 and nothing's happened since
then I'd say the author probably lost interest, which means that it
won't be added until someone else gets interested in it. So I'd
suggest either rolling up your sleeves or dangling a carrot (money)
in front of some of the people that do consulting and back-end hacking.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org