Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4 Sep 2023, at 17:01, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81@gmail.com> writes:
>> I created an 'all' option for PG_TEST_EXTRA to enable all test suites
>> defined under PG_TEST_EXTRA.
>
> I think this is a seriously bad idea.  The entire point of not including
> certain tests in check-world by default is that the omitted tests are
> security hazards, so a developer or buildfarm owner should review each
> one before deciding whether to activate it on their machine.

I dunno, I've certainly managed to not run the tests I hoped to multiple times.
I think it could be useful for sandboxed testrunners which are destroyed after
each run. There is for sure a foot-gun angle to it, no question about that.

--
Daniel Gustafsson