HUGE Stack space is gettiing consumed

От Mavinakuli, Prasanna (STSD)
Тема HUGE Stack space is gettiing consumed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello All,

We are getting very strange problem ..

Scenario..
We Have one data field in some table..type of this field
Is *TEXT*.
We are storing around 1,000 (One Thousand) lines of text
In that field.

If it's run though separate thread,
When we say select <columnname> from <tablename>
We are getting
*could not receive data from server: No such file or directory *
messages without Result

If it was in main thread,
It Works fine.

Our Analysis::
It looks like stack space issue.when we allocate stack space
Of 1.3 GB to new thread then we will get the Desired
Outpt I.e All 1,000 lines without any problem.

1)That String is barely 80 k ..there is no direct
Relationship with that size.

2)We can't allocate 1.3 GB,and we also don't have any
Recusrsive functions,

We would like to know is there any Recursive functions
In postgres -PQExec which might be eating all stack space..
Or what cud be the reason form libpq's point of view.

Please give u'r thougts,

Thanks in advance for U'r Suggetions..
Prasanna.