Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32

От Claudio Natoli
Тема Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
> How is it that this has not bitten us elsewhere?  Are we only reading
> tiny things from pipes in other cases so that a single read works?

IIRC, this particular use of ReadFile is only to read version strings.

> It seems very strange that a shorter version string should cause the
failure.

Counterintuitive, but appeared entirely reproducible on my WinXP
installation. No doubt there is a perfectly unreasonable explanation.
Interested in seeing another confirmation.

In any case, afaics ReadFile fails to make any guarantee that it will return
an entire line, so pipe_read_line requires attention.

Cheers,
Claudio

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32