Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

Claudio Natoli wrote:

>Hi Merlin,
>

>>On a probably unrelated note:
>>Can some other win32 hacker try the following?
>>Download the latest cvs sources from the server and edit configure,
>>replacing all instances of '8.0beta5' with '8.0' etc. as is
>>will be when released.  Following that do a full make/make clean.  After
>>that try and start he server with pg_ctl.exe and tell me if it succeeds or
>>

>not.
>
>I can confirm this failure.
>
>(in my case at least) pg_ctl is not seeing the full version string of the
>postmaster in find_other_exec. This is due to the single call to ReadFile in
>pipe_read_line, which is not returning the entire version string (losing all
>characters beyond the last decimal point in the version string). A
>subsequent call to ReadFile picks up the remainder of the string. I don't
>see that we can rely on a single call returning the entire version string.

How is it that this has not bitten us elsewhere? Are we only reading
tiny things from pipes in other cases so that a single read works? It
seems very strange that a shorter version string should cause the failure.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] scalability issues on win32