Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench

От Alik Khilazhev
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hmmm. On second thought, maybe one or the other is enough, either restrict the parameter to values where the approximation is good, or put out a clear documentation about when the approximation is not very good, but it may be still useful even if not precise.

So I would be in favor of expanding the documentation but not restricting the parameter beyond avoiding value 1.0.

I have removed restriction and expanded documentation in attaching patch v5.

Also I have recorded patch to CF 2017-09 —  https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1206/

Thanks and Regards,
Alik Khilazhev
Postgres Professional: