Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts

От Dave Page
Тема Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Right, that should be OK. As long as you don't need access /to/ the box.

> . have a working postgresql build environment for your platform (for
> Windows this means MSys/MinGW with the libz and libintl stuff,  and
> ideally native Python and Tcl).
> . Windows only: you will need a native perl installed as well
> as the one
> in the MSys DTK. The one from ActiveState works fine.

Yep, no problem there. Well, I say that - I find that if I have the DTK
perl installed, --with-perl fails miserably on my laptop, so I normally
only have ActiveState installed.

> . download and unpack the latest release of client code from
> http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000040
> . read instructions at
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000040/4/PGBuildFarm-HOWTO.txt
> . get the software running locally using flags
> --force--nostatus --nosend
> . register your machine at http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/register.html
> . when you receive credentials, put them in the config file, and
> schedule regular builds (without those flags) for the
> branches you want
> to support. (For Windows that should be HEAD and optionally
> REL8_0_STABLE).
>
> Feel free to ask me questions if anything isn't clear.
>
> There's a short description of how it works at
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/02/24/pg_buildfarm.html

OK. I'll have to run it past one of my colleagues (who is out until
Monday) as he technically 'owns' our Windows dev server. It will be a
2K3 Server in case you're interested.

I'll let you know either way.

Regards, Dave