Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: windows regression failure - prepared xacts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>>Short answer:
>>
>>. your box will need to be able to contact http://www.pgbuildfarm.org
>>either directly or via proxy, and it wiull need access to a CVS repo,
>>either the one at postgresql.org or a mirror (you can set up your own
>>mirror using CSVup on a linux or FBSD box).
>>

>Right, that should be OK. As long as you don't need access /to/ the box.

No. You own the box, and you run it. I never touch it.

>>. Windows only: you will need a native perl installed as well
>>as the one
>>in the MSys DTK. The one from ActiveState works fine.
>>

>Yep, no problem there. Well, I say that - I find that if I have the DTK
>perl installed, --with-perl fails miserably on my laptop, so I normally
>only have ActiveState installed.

For buildfarm you need both, as the main buildfarm script needs to run
under the DTK perl, while the auxiliary script that does the web txn
needs to run under native perl.

It all works quite happily - the trick is that in the buildfarm config
you say something like this:
   'build_env' => {                     PATH => "/c/tcl/bin:/c/python24:/c/perl/bin/:$ENV{PATH}",                  }

Then you will build with the native perl while running under the DTK perl.

>OK. I'll have to run it past one of my colleagues (who is out until
>Monday) as he technically 'owns' our Windows dev server. It will be a
>2K3 Server in case you're interested.
>
>I'll let you know either way.

Thanks

andrew