Re: Translations WAS: Svr2 move to borg

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Translations WAS: Svr2 move to borg
Дата
Список pgsql-www

Basic instructions are here:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgweb/cvs/co.php/portal/README?r=1.6

However there are a few notes I should make:

There are 3 types of translations to be done:

Static translations - these are direct translations of the files under
template/en/. They should be translated, and stored under template/XX/
where XX is the appropriate language indentifier. These are marked up in
very basic XHTML (generally just p, h1-3, br, b and i tags) and include
some tags for the page generater to pull out titles etc. These need to
be properly formatted, and the markup must remain valid XHTML.

Dynamic translations - Files under /template/ (but not then under a
language ID) are dynamically generated using gettext. Before these can
be translated, someone needs to sort out some string extraction/update
scripts. When this is done, a .pot file may be generated and translated
using poEdit or Kbabel.

Database translations - some text, such as surveys, news and events is
stored in the backend database. These items may be translated using the
web admin interface.

> I'll warn you ahead of time that:
> 1) Some of the translators can't do HTML well;

They don't need to do complex HTML, but what they do do, they need to
get right.

> 2) Some of the translators can't do CVS patches, or figure
> out CVS at all,
> really.
>
> So the translation process needs to provide ways to translate
> the content of
> the site that does NOT involve doing "make a CVS diff of the
> .en version ..."

They don't need to use CVS, but they will need to use tools like poEdit.
We can apply updated files and message catalogues to the cvs for them.

Regards, Dave

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: