Re: Colours & sizes

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Colours & sizes
Дата
Список pgsql-www

Yes, I did see that. The feeling on the list seems to be contrary to
that however. That is why I did a mockup rather than just change it.

> Whichever default is chosen, there will *always* be some
> people who are
> not happy - but they can simply choose the "larger" option and have
> their preference remembered. While it may be a one-time
> inconvenience,
> it makes more sense to inconvenience a minority rather than
> the majority
> of site visitors (who are obviously satisfied with the
> current default).

Why do we need such an option though? The majority of sites I'm aware of
use a *slightly* larger standard font size, and then leave any
customisation to the browser.

*** In addition, as Peter has pointed out - the switching code does not
work in all browsers. ***

> By the way, the method we've employed for font sizing in the
> CSS is best
> practice. We've used percentages that were specifically
> chosen as they
> equal standard web font sizes; they have been tested extensively and
> look the same on every browser/platform. It's not possible to just
> "tweak" the percentages to change font sizes. The method
> we've used is
> also the best for accessibility as it does not override the user's
> preferences and allows font resizing in every browser.

Err, all I did was tweak your percentages. I didn't make any changes
that would prevent the browser changing sizes.

Regards, Dave.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: