От Dave Page
Тема Re: admins@postgresql.org mailing list?
Дата
Список pgsql-www

OK. Though as I said to Devrim (who I thought had actually proposed
exactly the same thing <grin>), I think we will end up getting grief for
it again, like we did when www was closed no matter how legitimate the
reasons.

> The reason this has been requested is that these host donors
> don't want to subscribe to pgsql-www, because they don't care
> about web development.
> Further, the subscription address list would be automatically
> echoed to a non-postgresql.org mailserver somewhere, so that
> it can be used to coordinate in the event of a general
> network failure like last week's.

You know how to do this? I've been looking at it for the main lists and
haven't found any way to have a second server.

> I know this sounds similar to what Devrim proposed a few
> months ago, but this
> would be a bit different.   For one, it would not concern web site
> development *at all*, which would still happen on this list.
> It would instead be devoted exclusively to "Server A is down,
> who can take the list archives?" and "Hub.org is going down
> at 5pm to relocate, switching over to alternate DNS" type
> messages.  Also exchanging passwords and setup info,
> necessitating a closed, non-archived list.
>
> Does this seem like a good idea?

Exchanging passwords should be done in private email, with the username
& hostname *never* appearing in the same message as the password imho. A
list is definitely not the place for that sort of thing.

BTW, I am working on preparing some DR documentation that will list all
our servers, who has physical access to them, who are the project admins
and what are all their contact details etc. As part of that I will also
be looking to make sure there are at least two or three people with
admin rights on every box so we can move anything, anywhere should the
need arise.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated :-)

Regards, Dave