Re: New site - minor problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: New site - minor problem
Дата
Re: New site - minor problem  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
Re: New site - minor problem  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-www

The form submissions will not be a problem as they are a minimal amount
of traffic. Handling tens or hundreds of thousands of hits per day for
mirrors is a lot more. The box I'm using is on a 2Mb leased line (which
costs an arm and a leg here btw). If the traffic impacts our normal
business in any way, it will have to be removed - hence I'm being
cautious.

> A major objection to mirroring the lists of mirrors is that
> we risk having a stale mirror having a list of even more
> stale (and non-working) mirrors.

That happens quite rarely, and even when it does, 99% of users will
simply choose another mirror. This is also how it is setup now...

/D