Re: Crashes in Query Window - PgAdmin 1.6 Beta SVN Head

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Crashes in Query Window - PgAdmin 1.6 Beta SVN Head
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: Harald Armin Massa [mailto:haraldarminmassa@gmail.com]
Sent: 20 September 2006 12:16
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Crashes in Query Window - PgAdmin 1.6 Beta SVN Head

I am developing this sort of query since last friday. And only since yesterday (= update Beta 1.6) I am plagued with those crashes within the query window. (it is no complete prove that it worked - but on monday I developed this query for around 5 tables, without plague of crashes; and yesterday / today I did it for 2 1/2 tables, and had around 6 crashes)

After sending the mail I continued to work on that query; and thistime I named the column, that is

select md5(whatever) as checksum, * from tablename

and: no crash (so far)

Maybe sth. else changed I do not know of. Will keep on doing this on 3 more tables,

Hmm, I can't see how those changes would break things. How big is your dataset btw? I tried my own version of your query on a few hundred rows of data and it worked fine after 50 or more refreshes.

/D