Re: postmaster services problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: postmaster services problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of liishyan
Sent: 19 April 2006 10:27
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] postmaster services problem

Hi,

I’m having problem starting the postmaster service at my office’s server now. Everything works fine for a year. But today morning, the I was unable to log into the database server.

When I tried to start the postmaster service, it says,

“The service started and stopped. Some services will stop automatically when there is no work to do”.

Take a look in the logfile (probably in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\data\pg_log judging by the age of your install and the error message) and the event log to see if there are further clues there.

Regards, Dave.