Re: question about the admin contrib module and binary

От Dave Page
Тема Re: question about the admin contrib module and binary
Дата
Список pgsql-general

They're primarily tied to the PostgreSQL version, however, what I see as
the bigger problem is that 99% of what is in there has been rejected for
inclusion in the core server because (mainly) you wanted to find better
ways of achieving what we were doing - think pg_file_write(). However,
if you're happy to have them in /contrib that might well make life
easier until we come up with acceptable alternatives for core (as it
happens I submitted a discussion proposal for the conference precisely
to hash out the remote config management stuff).

> There's also a licensing issue which is that pgAdmin is GPL, while
> we're trying to make sure that all contrib modules are licensed
> the same as the core server.

Yeuch, not GPL - Artistic. But that shouldn't cause any problems - there
are only 3 ppl who have ever worked on it and I wouldn't see a licence
change being a issue.

Regards, Dave.