Re: Does this look ethical to you?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Дата
Re: Does this look ethical to you?  (Tony Caduto <tony.caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>)
Список pgsql-general

There most certainly are companies making money from pgAdmin, including
at least 2 of the most well known large PostgreSQL companies. In
addition to potentially hurting them, you are trading off our long
established name, which to add insult to injury you haven't even spelt
or formatted correctly (it is, and has always been pgAdmin)!

> > I do mention my product as a PG Admin III alternative but I
> > would never use Navicat or EMS PG Manager by name anywhere on
> > my site. I use words like "Other Companies" etc.

If it helps at all, we ask our supporters to follow this guideline when
setting up keywords etc on software directory type sites:

"These should reflect any aspect of what pgAdmin does, and what it works
with. <b>Under no circumstances should you include competitors company
or product names in keywords.</b> "

I would appreciate it if you would hold yourself to a similar standard
and stop using pgAdmin's name to promote your product.

Regards, Dave.