Re: Reverse compatibility

От David Olbersen
Тема Re: Reverse compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vivek,

> I can tell you for sure that using the psql command line client from
> 7.3 will barf when connecting to a 7.2 server.

Is "barf" a technical term? :)

Perhaps I wasn't being clear enough. What I want to do is upgrade the client software on this machine so that I can use
itas a client for a 7.3 server. The only problem I worry about is any applications I don't know about which connect to
the7.2 server via the Pg Perl module, or something similar.

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
St. Bernard Software
11415 West Bernardo Court