Re: Streaming replication issue

От John Wiencek
Тема Re: Streaming replication issue
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Multi master requires that you identify one node as the primary node.   Data is populated to the remote node via an
initialsnapshot.   Tables on the remote node cannot exist when you run the initial snapshot.  The snapshot will create
allobjects on the remote node .

xDB(multi-master replication) will not merge two databases together.

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 5, 2019, at 11:08 AM, Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 5:54 PM John Wiencek <jwiencek3@comcast.net> wrote:

>> When you set up streaming replication your read-only replica should be created using pg_basebackup.
>>
>> for example;
>>
>> Run this from the streamed/slave server.   Set variable $PGDATA.  Make sure directory structure exits and is empty(
nofile in $PGDATA on slave server)

>> pg_basebackup --pgdata=$PGDATA --label=standby --host 10.64.98.199--usernamerepuser --wal-method=stream
--write-recovery-conf.

>> Your PGDATA direetory on the streamed/salve server needs to be empty.   The basebackup will copy ALL files from the
masterto the slave.   This would include PostgreSQL.conf , pg_hba.conf and all associated files for the databases.

>> Therefore the streaming/slave server will be EXACTLY the same as the master.   Same users, same port, same data.
>>

> I am under impression that what you are trying to do is merging two
> Primary databases. If that is what you actually want then Streaming
> Replication is not going to work for you. Maybe you should look for
> some Multi-master replication tool, which is probably the way to go if
> you want to mix PostgreSQL and EDB Advanced Server anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Juan José Santamaría Flecha

Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication issue
Сообщение: Re: Streaming replication issue