Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 9. September 2011 10:27:22 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> On the whole I think you'd be better off lobbying your NFS implementors
> to provide something closer to the behavior of every other filesystem on
> the planet.  Or checking to see if you need to adjust your NFS
> configuration, as the other responders mentioned.

You really need at least mount options 'hard' _and_ 'nointr' on NFS mounts,
otherwise you are out of luck. Oracle and DB2 guys recommend those settings and
without them any millisecond of network glitch could disturb things
unreasonably.

--
Thanks
Bernd