Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs

От George Barnett
Тема Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/09/2011, at 1:30 AM, Bernd Helmle wrote:

> --On 9. September 2011 10:27:22 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> On the whole I think you'd be better off lobbying your NFS implementors
>> to provide something closer to the behavior of every other filesystem on
>> the planet.  Or checking to see if you need to adjust your NFS
>> configuration, as the other responders mentioned.
>
> You really need at least mount options 'hard' _and_ 'nointr' on NFS mounts, otherwise you are out of luck. Oracle and
DB2guys recommend those settings and without them any millisecond of network glitch could disturb things unreasonably.

Hi,

My mount options include hard and intr.

George

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: What Would You Like To Do?
От: Florian Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Patch to improve reliability of postgresql on linux nfs