Postgresql 8.2, tsearch2

От Dai, Tino
Тема Postgresql 8.2, tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi All,

      I am having a problem with getting tsearch2 installed and working. And before I start, I know that postgresql 8.2 will be end of lifed at the end of this year. We can't move to a newer version for support reasons :( . This postgresql instance will be a backup of the main instance, and will receive the dump files nightly. So, I tried to restore the database to the backup instance, and got a bunch of errors among them was "to_tsvector not being found". I realized that I didn't install tsearch2, so I went ahead a compiled it from the contrib/tsearch2 directory and install it. I then went ahead and did a:

       postgres name_of_db -U postgres -f tsearch2.sql (in the contrib/tsearch2 directory)

      What I got was a bunch of:

     psql:tsearch2.sql:20: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

     starting at the lexize function and ending at the CREATE OPERATOR CLASS gin_tsvector_ops in the tsearch2.sql

     I then did:

    name_of_db=# \df to_tsvector

                       List of functions

Schema |    Name     | Result data type | Argument data types

--------+-------------+------------------+---------------------

public | to_tsvector | tsvector         | oid, text

public | to_tsvector | tsvector         | text

public | to_tsvector | tsvector         | text, text

     But when I tried:

     name_of_db=# select to_tsevector('this is one');

ERROR:  function to_tsevector("unknown") does not exist

LINE 1: select to_tsevector('this is one');

               ^

HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.

   I'm kinda clueless on where to go next to get this database up and running. Some help please?

-Thanks,

Tino