Re: can we add some file(msvc) to gitignore

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: can we add some file(msvc) to gitignore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 26 Sep 2021, at 10:57, wangsh.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:

> Can we add these file to gitignore?

As postgres isn't mandating a specific IDE or dev environment, we typically
don't add these files to the .gitignore we ship.  If we did it would be an
enormous list we'd have to curate and maintain.  Instead, everyone hacking on
postgres can add these to their local gitignore with the core.excludesfile Git
config.

Now, it is true that there are some MSVC specific files in the .gitignore
already, but past discussion on this have leaned towards removing those (which
I personally support) rather than adding new ones.