Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem

От Gene Hart
Тема Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
select * from pg_prepared_xacts;

returns 0 rows. Is there anything else I could check to see why the backend wouldn't accept commands?

thanks,
Gene

On Jun 27, 2010, at 9:37 AM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Gene Hart <genekhart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm getting the following errors and I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. The database is very large and I
can'tget it to accept commands. Please help!

>> maindb =# create table test1();
>> ERROR:  database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound data loss in database "maindb"
>> HINT:  Stop the postmaster and use a standalone backend to vacuum database "maindb".
>> You might also need to commit or roll back old prepared transactions.
>>

> I assume that here you did /etc/init.d/postgresql stop or something like that.
>
>> [root@P00C01S01-DBM04 data]# su postgres
>> bash-3.2$ postgres --single -D /data1/pg2/home/data -O maindb
>>  -  - 2010-06-27 13:07:05 UTC :WARNING:  database "maindb" must be vacuumed within 1000000 transactions
>>  -  - 2010-06-27 13:07:05 UTC :HINT:  To avoid a database shutdown, execute a database-wide VACUUM in "maindb".
>>        You might also need to commit or roll back old prepared transactions.
>
> So what does
>
> select * from pg_prepared_xacts;
>
> say?

Сообщение: Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem
Сообщение: Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem