Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Gene Hart <genekhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following errors and I'm not quite sure what to do at this point. The database is very large and I
can'tget it to accept commands. Please help!

> maindb =# create table test1();
> ERROR:  database is not accepting commands to avoid wraparound data loss in database "maindb"
> HINT:  Stop the postmaster and use a standalone backend to vacuum database "maindb".
> You might also need to commit or roll back old prepared transactions.

I assume that here you did /etc/init.d/postgresql stop or something like that.

> [root@P00C01S01-DBM04 data]# su postgres
> bash-3.2$ postgres --single -D /data1/pg2/home/data -O maindb
>  -  - 2010-06-27 13:07:05 UTC :WARNING:  database "maindb" must be vacuumed within 1000000 transactions
>  -  - 2010-06-27 13:07:05 UTC :HINT:  To avoid a database shutdown, execute a database-wide VACUUM in "maindb".
>        You might also need to commit or roll back old prepared transactions.

So what does

select * from pg_prepared_xacts;

say?

От: Gene Hart
Сообщение: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem
От: Bill Moran
Сообщение: Re: vacuum won't fix tx wraparound problem