RE: ERROR: Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема RE: ERROR: Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Off the top of my head:
Could you wrap it in a function:
CREATE FUNCTION rs_nt() RETURNS int4 AS '
BEGIN
RAISE NOTICE ''hello world'';
RETURN 0;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
Then select this in the rule (  ie: DO (SELECT rs_nt())   )
Or:
CREATE FUNCTION rs_trig() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN
RAISE NOTICE ''hello world'';
RETURN NEW;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
And execute it as a trigger function on INSERT/UPDATE (You'd have to replace
NEW with OLD for DELETE, OR make it an after trigger and return NULL).
There might be a way to RAISE without function overhead but I'm afraid I'm
not aware of it.
Hope this helps,
- Stuart