Re: error vacuum full

От Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Тема Re: error vacuum full
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
What about your mantainance_mem parameter in postgresql.conf? If it is very high, are you sure do you have free memory enough?
I had a similar problem two weeks ago due to this issue and I had to low effective_cache_size in order to get memory enough for vacuum process.

De: Ygor Degani [mailto:ygordegani@gmail.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 05 de enero de 2009 14:18
Para: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Asunto: [ADMIN] error vacuum full

I use postgres-8.3.5. My database has 168 GB in size. Whenever i try to do vacuum full happens the following error:

WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "acotel_brazil_vas" failed: server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

If i have autovacuum enabled, Do i need to do vacuum full?

Regards,
--
Ygor Degani