Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable

От Alex Goncharov
Тема Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
,--- You/anarazel@anarazel.de (Fri, 07 Oct 2011 02:54:39 +0200) ----*

| >  Given a SELECT (or possibly, simpler, a table name), tell me which
| >  columns are non-nullable?
| That doesnt explain why it's  needed.

It's  needed for some meta analysis. That's as much as I can say.

| To get community buyin into a feature the community - or at least
| parts of it - need to understand why its needed.

Take a look at these APIs:
 http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/ResultSetMetaData.html#isNullable(int)    int isNullable(int
column)throws SQLException   Indicates the nullability of values in the designated column.

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms716289(v=VS.85).aspx    NullablePtr [Output] Pointer to a buffer in which to
returna   value that indicates whether the column allows NULL values.

A common and natural question to be answered about result sets.

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov@comcast.net --

Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable
Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable