Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable

От anarazel@anarazel.de
Тема Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Alex Goncharov <alex-goncharov@comcast.net> schrieb:

>,--- You/Andres (Fri, 7 Oct 2011 02:28:30 +0200) ----*
>| >  a lot of cases where the database could deduce (quite easily) that
>| >  result column cannot be null
>| Could you quickly explain what exactly you want that information for?
>Just
>| because it has been done before doesn't necessarily mean its a good
>idea...
>
>I am not writing a database application here (i.e. I am not storing
>the data).  I am responding to a client requirement, basically:
>
>  Given a SELECT (or possibly, simpler, a table name), tell me which
>  columns are non-nullable?
That doesnt explain why it's  needed. To get community buyin into a feature the community - or at least parts of it -
needto understand why its needed.

Greetings, Andres

От: Alex Goncharov
Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable
От: Alex Goncharov
Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable