Re: PSQL anc compile errors

От Tielman J de Villiers
Тема Re: PSQL anc compile errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the advice

An intermediate hack have solved my problem.
By using the old psql (compiled on redhat 6.2 and postgres 6.1)
And adding these links in /usr/lib:
libncurses.so.4 -> libncurses.so.5.2
libhistory.so.3 -> libhistory.so.4.1
libreadline.so.3 -> libreadline.so.4.1
And this in /usr/local/pgsql/lib:
libpq.so.2.0 -> libpq.so.2.1

Both the psql prompt and the up/down arrow (for history) are working
perfectly.

Tielman J de Villiers
BondNet Pty Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 6:29 PM
To: Tielman J de Villiers
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PSQL anc compile errors

Tielman J de Villiers <tjdevil@bondnet.co.za> writes:
> I refer to previous questions/answers with regards to psql not
> displaying the prompt correctly (ie, as => and NOT =#) and the up/down
> arrows not
> working:

The prompt is not related to libreadline.  It's set by psql itself based on
whether psql thinks you are logged in as a superuser.  If psql is getting
the wrong answer on that, I'd be interested to see details of your pg_user
entries --- but don't blame libreadline.

On the other hand, if the up arrow doesn't bring back history, that
definitely suggests missing or broken libreadline support.  You should check
whether the shared library loader is loading the right version of
libreadline.  (I'm not on a Linux box right now, but IIRC there's some
configuration file in /etc that controls its search path, and you have to
update the cached search results after changing the config, too... Our
installation instructions cover this, I think.)