PSQL anc compile errors

От Tielman J de Villiers
Тема PSQL anc compile errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I refer to previous questions/answers with regards to psql not displaying
the prompt correctly (ie, as => and NOT =#) and the up/down arrows not
working:

This is recorded in the documentation, which I have tried to follow, but
still without luck.

I have redhat 7.1 and postgres 7.1.3

I do have libreadline.a, readline.h and  history.h in "appropriate"
directories, but even if I do an explicit --with includes and --with-libs
compile, I still do not get a psql which displays the prompt correctly.

I have tried another hack mentioned by another entry in the list by using
psql from a redhat 6.2 setup, but then I get the following error:

psql: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.2.0: cannot load shared
object file: No such file or directory

Any more help please? (Even just a pointer to what entries I have to check
when doing ./configure) ??

Thanks
Tielman J de Villiers
BondNet Pty Ltd