Schema authorization after create database.

От Ian FREISLICH
Тема Schema authorization after create database.
Дата
Re: Schema authorization after create database.
Список pgsql-admin
Hi

I ran into this little astonishment yesterday on 7.4.8.  When I
create a database connected as the super user using:

CREATE DATABASE foo OWNER = foo;

The database is indeed owned by user foo, but the automatically
created public schema is is owned by the database super user.  Should
this schema not be created as owned by the database owner specified
in the CREATE DATABASE command?

Our work around is to drop the public schema and recreate it after
reconnecting as the database owner, but that seems like work I
shouldn't have to do.

Is this a problem or am I expecting something that I shouldn't?

Ian

--
Ian Freislich