Re: After upgrade cleanup

От Decibel!
Тема Re: After upgrade cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:13 AM, Carol Walter wrote:
> I just did an upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.3.  We'll go up to 8.3.3 very
> soon, but for reasons I won't go into, this intermediate step was
> necessary.  My problem is, now that the upgrade is done, how can I
> clean up the database from the old version.  I leave the original
> database up as long as I can when I do an upgrade just in case I
> need to revert to it.  Now I have the databases from two versions
> on my server and I need to get rid of the old one.  Can I just
> remove the old files from the data directories?  With other
> systems, I've had trouble removing database files because upgrades
> use certain files from old versions.  I don't want to break my new
> database.  I'm on Solaris 10.

Not only does the new version not use files from the old, it doesn't
even know it exists. You can just nuke all the 8.1 stuff.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

Вложения

От: "Scott Whitney"
Сообщение: Re: Missing chunks from my toast...
Сообщение: Re: Missing chunks from my toast...